F4i too big a bike for a new rider? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

F4i too big a bike for a new rider?

I will be looking to purchase a Honda F4i in the spring and it will be my first bike. Yes as in my first bike ever and never riden dirt bikes either. I will be taking a rider safety class in order to get my license and intend to respect the speed an vulnerability of being on a motorcycle. What I want to know is for someone who has never ridden is this going to be too much power for me to learn on. That is besides the class. 8 hours classroom and 10 on some 250. Thank you,
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 11:33 AM

I wouldnt do it Dave.

Im guessing you really want the F4i because you really like it, it will be your pride and joy kinda thing like the rest of us right?
Therefore, I think it would be better for you to get a so-so bike for a good year after the class to make mistakes and learn on. THEN go get the sweet bike of your dreams and you'll be able to take better care of it and appreciate it that much more. Just my opinion.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 09:35 PM

fotobw,

I am a new rider as well, and I am prolly buying the F4i unless the 02 R6 comes FI as well. Anyway, I have only been riding for 3 weeks of and on on my friends' Kawi 250 and a 94 CBR600F2. At first I was intimidated with the CBR, but after a while of riding it in the parking lot and then on the streets I got a lot of confidence. Now, I am buying the F4i (may be) around October when the 02 are coming out. So, I agree with HondaNut! A 250 feels pretty fast for some1 who has never been on a bike. After a while then it feels slow. That's when I moved up with my friends 600cc. However, it is duable to learn on a 600. My friend did it on his 01 R6, but I would recommend either buying a used one or borrowing your friends if he has one (or if he lets u ride it) so you can get and idea how powerful a 600 cc is. Once you go through the MSF school, you will get an idea about the power and what you can handle.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 09:37 PM

you can also go to this website where they have recommended entry level bikes for beginners.

www.beginnerbikes.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode