It's hotter than..... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

It's hotter than.....

a popcorn fart in an astronaut's spacesuit on Mars.

Hit 97 in Baltimore today. I'm going to need to seriously de-stink-ify all my gear at the end of this summer. I'm sure a lot of you are used to this weather in the South and out West, but geez... if it's gonna be this hot all summer, I might just have to turn squid and start riding in loafers, a polo shirt, and stylin' OP shorts. Oh wait, I don't have a Goldwing. Never mind, I guess I'm resigned to sweating it out.

"Goat butts against hedge, and his horns become entangled."- Egg Shen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 02:01 PM

Oh I feel your pain my brutha! Down here closer to DC we have this crappy stuff called traffic! I would rather be on my bike then in my cage almost any day, except maybe days like today. I am one of those always got to have my boots, jeans, jacket, gloves, dome protector on. I have too many scars from my dirtbike to go with any less. I have a new Vanson perferated, but sitting at a light and all that heat coming off the engine........
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 02:15 PM

Lightbulb

move to a rural city like where I live. My ride to and from work is 7 miles down a riverside parkway. With 2 sets of cool S-curves might I add.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

man, even out in the rural part o' the state (North Harford & Balt counties) where I ride, it's hot as hell. Not too bad when you're moving, but stop at a light or in traffic, and it is sweltering with a leather jacket, back protector, helmet, jeans, gloves, and boots on....... liike I read somewhere in another thread, keep it over 100, and it ain't so bad

elcidbob, if I was down by DC, I can't imagine riding with all that traffic! I'd have to break down and dip into the house fund for a perf Vanson like yours. I can just see my girlfriend now: "Don't you have enough stuff? What, you need another jacket?"

"Goat butts against hedge, and his horns become entangled."- Egg Shen
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 08:26 PM

Yeah, it's super hot out west. We almost hit 70 today.

Quote:
Originally posted by inanima
...I can just see my girlfriend now: "Don't you have enough stuff? What, you need another jacket?"
Wow, that sounds familiar. Are you dating my wife?

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 06:36 AM

Yea, it was hot here in Ohio yesterday too. Ducati 748+humidity+traffic= swap ass

Then if sweating me sack off wasn't bad enough, my asshole neighbor comes over to my house and makes fun of me for wearing all my gear. This coming from a twat who rides around in shorts and dock shoes. I don't wish a fall on even the grandest of assholes, but it would serve him right to get some road rash, then maybe he would shut his pie hole.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Munch
Ducati 748+humidity+traffic= swap ass
Did you mean "swamp ass?" That's a no shitter...

And don't forget about roasted nuts. Get yourself a carbon fiber seat cowl, and really feel the heat. Umm... ouch.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 07:13 AM

Yup, I meant swamp ass. And the roasted nuts are pretty uncomfortable sometimes. I was thinking about some carbon fiber stuff, does it really make much worse. Sometimes owning a legend is a bitch.

Do you know where I can get Remus(?) cans?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 07:31 AM

I can just see my girlfriend now: "Don't you have enough stuff? What, you need another jacket?" [/B][/QUOTE]

<roflao> I am trying to save money since I am waiting to get laid off, but I go out and drop $400+ on the Vanson. As soon as my girlfriend sees it she flames me! "You can't get me presents or go on a vacation, but you can buy a brand new leather jacket!? what about the one you have?" Note that the one I have is an old cheap Kawi colored leather number. I could stay cooler by turning on the broiler on my oven and climbing in!

Most women just don't understand. Oh well, the boys at the bike shop tell there is a local hottie that rides a green machine. Gotta look her up as I am sure she would understand my plight and get me a set of rear-sets for my birthday!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-29-2001, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Munch
Yup, I meant swamp ass. And the roasted nuts are pretty uncomfortable sometimes. I was thinking about some carbon fiber stuff, does it really make much worse. Sometimes owning a legend is a bitch.

Do you know where I can get Remus(?) cans?
Yep, the CF seat cowl lends a little heat to yer ass. Not really noticable when moving, but hell in traffic.

Remus cans? There are a number of distributors in the US. Here's a link to some sites you might want to check out:
http://www.dropbears.com/bikelinks/ducati.htm

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode