ALLSTATE insurance MUST read info ! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Angry ALLSTATE insurance MUST read info !

Got a letter in the mail yesturday that my insurance will be dropped next week for the reason on the letter saying "The high performance capabilities of your 2001 Yamaha".....I read that and got pissed off right off the bat. I have wrecked or done anything wrong on my bike before. Hell its brand new and only been insured for a month. Not to mention I also have Property and 5 autos under Allstate.

I called my Agent and he said he is confused as well and didn't know what was going one. He said Allstate may have put my bike on a "BAD motorcycle list" and that they will not insure those bikes. He's going to look into it for me....I'll let you guys know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 09:18 AM

And you THOUGHT you were in good hands with Allstate.

Tell 'em you're gonna cancel the rest of your policies with them. They'll get right, quick.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 04:14 PM

Angry

I haven't received any such notice form Allstate about my R1...yet. I'll pull all my other policies if they do though.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 04:41 PM

Unhappy

Uh oh

I have Allstate too, but I've had nothing but great dealings with them. I hope they dont pull that crap with me....
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 06:21 PM

Smile

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaNut!
[B]Uh oh

i also have insurance with allstate. i have notheard anything yet
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 06:50 PM

Thumbs down

My advice to you that have not received any notice from Allsnake is not to rock the boat for now. They would not insure my bike because it is on their "List"!!
When I last looked at their list Ducati's were not on the list,for example!!!

They won't insure me or my 1991 R/S Camaro either. I have no tickets on my record and am "old"!!
Allstate SUX!!!
The agent told me about cars:" If it has 2 doors and looks fast Allstate will not insure it!"
Screw 'em!
I am with Progressive for the last couple years now and including towing:a 12 month policy full coverage is $245.oo for a year!!
I'd be worried,you Allstate policy holders,if you happen to have an accident; if they would be there when you need them!!! A friend had a car accident and had to sue Allstate to get them to cover him!!
Good luck folks!!!

JIM
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 08:00 PM

On the bright side, and in defense of Allstate:

1. Maybe the reason my insurance is, and has been, so low on my F4, 900RR and VFR is because they are cautious about who/what they insure. I say thatís good business! Iím sure happy with the rate and coverage I have ($480/year full coverage and it was only $500 on my 900RR)

2. I had owned my 1999 F4 for exactly two months when I totaled it. I had given Allstate the small down payment and ONE payment to follow. They not only paid for the Entire bike and jacket and helmet, they also paid to have the bike towed THREE times just because I didnít like the shop it got taken to originally. They paid very promptly and with total courtesy. I was on my 900RR 30 days after the accident.

I will never leave Allstate... unless they put my bike on the list
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaNut!
1. Maybe the reason my insurance is, and has been, so low on my F4, 900RR and VFR is because they are cautious about who/what they insure. I say thatís good business
I work for an insurance company (have nothing to do with rates, sorry). That's exactly how insurance companies are profitable. The whole idea behind having insurance is that you are "sharing" the risk of a loss with everyone else who holds a policy. "Adverse selection" means that the people who really need insurance (i.e. high-risk) are the ones you don't want to insure, because the premium they pay won't come close to the money you pay out in claims to them. Think about it: if John Doe buys a GSXR1000 on his 16th birthday, do you want to take $50/month from him knowing that in less than two months you'll probably have to write him a check for $10,000? It sucks to pay insurance, but it's a necessary evil.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by katana600
...I'd be worried,you Allstate policy holders,if you happen to have an accident; if they would be there when you need them!!! A friend had a car accident and had to sue Allstate to get them to cover him!!
Good luck folks!!!

JIM
He is right. Allstate sucks!! They owe me $34,000. I have not seen a penny. On top of that they tried to put the claim on my policy and make me pay a deductible. The accident I was in was not my fault. In fact the F****R left the scene. My medical cost was $130,000.00. They are trying to justify paying a mere $30,000.

I have not recieved any letter either.
As far as Progressive. They suck too. They wanted $7400 to insure my bike. I only paid $7605. Why bother insuring it?
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaNut!
...1. Maybe the reason my insurance is, and has been, so low on my F4, 900RR and VFR is because they are cautious about who/what they insure. I say thatís good business!...
Sure, make sense, but the original post said he had a clean record and several other policies with the same company. Not so good business to piss off your paying customers.

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode