Just saw my bike in a movie, coooooool - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Just saw my bike in a movie, coooooool

I just saw the Fast and the Furious... One cool sportbike scene. The first bike you see is my red 96 CBR900RR. Then right when this gang pulls into their turf, perfect tail shot..."R1"
This gang is toting silenced MAC-10 or 11s (can't tell which)
It was pretty cool (I'm no critic).
Worst cliche line in the movie...."You'll need more than a crotch-rocket"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2001, 09:44 PM

Hehehe, I know what you mean. I got all giddy when the scene in Driven had my bike, my buddy Rick was not pleased at all. This is cause Cobe's Nike commercial also has my bike jumping and spliting lanes etc and everytime the TV was on it would show up!

So how was the movie? All I am looking for is fast cars, cars chases, that girl in leather pants etc. I don't care if the plot is weak and if it doesn't have a deeper meaning. When I want that, I will go read Dianetics or something. I just want cool guy stuff.

Last edited by funksouljon; 06-24-2001 at 09:48 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

silenced automatic weapons on sportbikes. the ladies. NOS tanks bigger than scuba divers. hi-jacking, upclose shotgun injuries... GREAT chases, not too many cliche lines PLUS: I always enjoy when big dude can act (somewhat) and the other main dude is jacked up.
It was good to watch

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 05:59 AM
Squidwannabe

Yup, I liked it too ! cool bikes cool cars and cool chicks...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 06:19 AM

Lightbulb

I thought the making of it was better, you got to see the cars a lot more. In the movie the cars were over the top. They should have renamed the movie NOS becuase the entire movie was about NOS (pronounced in movie as nos rather than n-o-s). Like that speedshop that is basically a NOS shop...please...

I did like the loud engine sounds the whole movie and I enjoyed the scene where they smoke the ferrari. The plot was plain dumb. It's an ok movie, definately not EVEN close to what I thought it could be when I was drooling over it 2 months ago.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 11:15 AM

Red face

The storyline did suck ass...but who cares? "It doesnt matter if its an inch or a mile" LOL. Cheesy as hell...but lots of speed.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001, 11:41 AM

Lightbulb

they were pulling the old movie double redline; you hit redline THEN hit your nitrous and you take off until you hit your second redline.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode