Totaled my bike the other night.. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Totaled my bike the other night..

Well, I totaled the ZX6 the other night, being a squid... Lesson learned here is: Always wear protective gear and don't be squidly in front of friends... My left side is tore to hell just like my bike. The whole front and left side of the bike is f*cked. I'm just waiting on State Farm to tell me how much it's worth to them so I can get another one! Take a look at the pics of it in the photo forum! Uh-oh, time for more antibiotics now....

-jd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 01:04 PM

That's too bad.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 01:07 PM

Re: Totaled my bike the other night..

Quote:
Originally posted by JDwkuZX6
Well, I totaled the ZX6 the other night, being a squid... Lesson learned here is: Always wear protective gear and don't be squidly in front of friends...
-jd
You're probably in some pain and the last thing you want to hear is "We told you so." So I won't say it.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 01:10 PM

Re: Re: Totaled my bike the other night..

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdman
You're probably in some pain and the last thing you want to hear is "We told you so." So I won't say it.
I don't have a problem with that. "WE TOLD YOU SO!"
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 03:50 PM

Me neither.
Told you so squidly!

There was at least girls there correct? Someone mentioned he could only get girls when he was injured from a bike wreck. You might try to use that to your advantage.

Last edited by funksouljon; 06-22-2001 at 03:54 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 03:56 PM

Just checked out the pics.

Your bike should NOT be totalled. Not even close. Looks to me like you just need some plastics, a headlight and a pipe. The rear subframe is intact, the forks are unscathed, wheels look fine, tank appears to be ok. Maybe you need a left case cover.

Too bad about your injuries, but from the looks of the bike it doesnt appear you were going too terribly fast.

details?

Last edited by GreenNinja; 06-22-2001 at 04:01 PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 04:05 PM

ditto

I also just checked the photos... dare I suggest that it looks rideable?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

You guys may be right. I took it to the local shop for an estimate, and from them just looking at it, they said it was for sure totaled. BUT, they haven't done an "official" estimate on it yet, so I'm not sure how much it will cost. All the plastic is wrecked except for the right rear piece, and Im guessing all that plastic will be around a grand? The headlight assembly is busted, along with the instrument cluster, and the metal framing thats around the instrument cluster/windshield area, I dont know what its called. Plus the left exhaust is bent, and that's about all I can tell. I only paid $3600 for the bike, so I'd love to fix it if it's possible.
And the way that this all happened was pretty embarrasing, so I wont go into too much intimate detail, but tragically, I wasn't impressing any girls (but they do love to help take care of me :-) ).. But damage is done, and lesson is learned. Now I want to try to find the cheapest place to buy replacement parts for my baby. Any ideas?

-jd

Last edited by JDwkuZX6; 06-22-2001 at 04:43 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JDwkuZX6
And the way that this all happened was pretty embarrasing, so I wont go into too much intimate detail...
-jd
You should've stopped right there bud...
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2001, 05:37 PM

Wink I'm glad your ok.

as for parts try to buy after market parts preferably lighter than any of your damaged stock parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode