Sportbike World banner

Acceptable Mileage for a Used Bike?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ballz Out 
#1 ·
Ok I've been looking at used CBR F4's recently in anticipation of getting one very soon. I've seen them with anywhere from 500 to 11k miles on the clock. Just wondering what you guys would consider the avg. miles per year. Obviously it also depends on how hard the rider rode the bike, but I'm just looking to get a figure of how much most riders would put on a bike per yr. Thanks.

#2 ·
When I was looking for my used bike the mileage's on what I saw was all over the place. Some people ride a lot, some only when it's sunny and 75° out. I came accross bikes that were a couple of years old with 16k miles on them and some that only had 6k miles on them. It will definitely affect the price. I finally found an awesome deal in a 1995 FZR600R with only 6100 miles on it. It was really low in mileage for two main reasons. 1. It was purchased brand new still in the Yamaha crate in 1998 ... and 2. It wasn't the guy's only bike.

#4 ·
Thanks fellas. Yeah I've even come across identical bikes that were located within 50mi of each other, but one had like 7500mi more than the other. So you can pretty much rule out weather patterns, and just assume the one guy loved riding his bike. Most I've found were low mileage which leads me to believe that either the person doesn't have the time or they bought it and it was too much for them. I found a really nice '99 F4 with 7100mi on the clock that I've liked more and more every time I think about it. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Anyways, thanks for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.