Sportbike World banner

maine sportbike ride?

19K views 62 replies 9 participants last post by  earlthepearl69 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in a sportbike ride for maine people?

If your interested reply to this and leave your email info and dates that would work for you. I will inform you all on the details if there is enough interest.

I was thinking of getting as many sportbikes together as possible and go for a day ride. Maybe people from each area can meet in groups for each region and then ride to a central spot and we can ride for the day. I think I can gather 20-40 bikes in the Lewiston/Auburn area depending on the day and another 10-15 in Portland area... with 5-10 from this site we could have quite a crew of bikes for a ride....

Any takers?

Just thought riding with 40+ sportbikes would be fun and a good way to meet riding people in our areas....

#52 ·
Fkwyman said:
Here's my pick-a-route thread http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57404
It ain't Deals Gap, but it's what we've got to work with.
- Edit -
It'd be cool for sure if we could get a few people together to ride, though from the sounds of it I couldn't keep up!
Ehh, you'll be fine when you ride with us. Riding with us is the same as riding by yourself or riding with others: stay within your limits. I've got too much to lose work-wise, so I have started to pull back. Plus, my buddy Andrew on here just got the '06 ZX-10R, so I definitely can't keep up with him :)twofinger Andrew).

Your route is okay, but there are some really good ones around here to roll through. Some that come to mind are Cyrstal Lake, Effingham (can't remember names of highways down there), etc. The ride through Crawford Notch is pretty fun, too. Great scenery. Some of these are scenic, some twisty and fast. :D

We'll figure it out soon. For now I've got to wait until it warms up and get my rear tire replaced before I do anything (running on rusted steel belts, no kidding).

#53 ·
Yeah, Crawford is beautiful, not to mention the good-n-twisties on my end of it :thumb:

There sure are some great roads down in the lakes region. One in particular is 113 (I think) that runs right next to Squam lake for a bit, might even be the "Crystal Lake" run you speak of, I think I remember a lake of that name along that road. It's the road I take to get to my grandmothers house :p

Sound's like a nice tire! Where can I find one? hehehe

Mine's at the shop now, gettin' some 208's. Should be better than those damn Continentals that MOM's put on when I bought it. Great mileage, but kinda slippery. It'll be like learning to ride the thing all over again, the 208 has a way more aggressive profile. Steering response will be sharper and there'll be a bigger contact patch on the side.. We'll see how it goes.

Look forward to riding with some of you :)

#54 ·
hey Colin... 400+mi and counting. You gotta put the racket down and get the new rubber on!

the new 10 works well. It not that fast with my skill level on the seat. I am still getting used to it. When I get on it hard it's got a bit of a head shake... not sure why with the ohlins dampner but I am guessing it's the setup or I am just not used to that much pull.

#55 ·
mainerdr said:
hey Colin... 400+mi and counting. You gotta put the racket down and get the new rubber on!

the new 10 works well. It not that fast with my skill level on the seat. I am still getting used to it. When I get on it hard it's got a bit of a head shake... not sure why with the ohlins dampner but I am guessing it's the setup or I am just not used to that much pull.
Man, I've got one more big tournament at the end of April, and then I'm done until June. That's when the tournament season starts.

From here on out, I'm just going to mainly focus on mixed martial arts. I've gotten away from that for a while, and since I'm paying for the membership, I might as well start going again.

As for the new 10, maybe Krystal could handle the power better than you. :twofinger
I'm not surprised that thing has headshake on acceleration, Andrew. That's probably like saying 'hey, this damn NASA shuttle vibrates on liftoff.' That bike of yours is wicked, bro. What is it...170 hp on 375 lbs? That's scary. Fun, but scary. Can't wait to ride it. Also, I went on the Kawasaki website, and sportbikepics.com to look at photos of that yellow bike: that looks pretty sweet, man.

Damn, I meant to tell you: I found a new dealership 20 minutes from me. It's called GSP Performance. I plan on going at the end of this week. Shouldn't take but a few minutes to put the tire on and change the oil. Can't wait.

Shit: I just remembered that I don't have a NH driver's license or registration yet. Crap. Guess I'm doing that next week, too. :rolleyes:

Hope you had a good ride on Friday, Andrew. :cool:

#56 ·
Come to think of it, if you guys have a route that you prefer over the Kanc I'd be happy to meet up with Wheelie in N. Conway and follow him to wherever you wanna ride.. Ahh well, there'll be plenty of time to figure out routes and such. I hear the snow's coming back this week. I must have the jones, all I can think about is riding.

#59 ·
Fkwyman said:
Dunno about over your way, but I'm told by the weatherman that it's gonna snow on Tuesday in my neck o'the woods. And a high of low 30's on Wednesday. To sum it up, I don't like this week's weather pattern >:
Well shit. Just when I'm starting to enjoy spring....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.