F/S Heavily Modified Honda 919 in CA - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

F/S Heavily Modified Honda 919 in CA

Hello All,

I have for sale a heavily modified 2002 asphalt black 919 that has never been down, a clean title in hand with 19,000 original miles on it. I will go into as much detail as possible into the modification, and then you can look at the posted pictures and ask questions based on what you see.

Chassis wheel modification:
Custom upper and lower CNC'd triple clamps, with handle bar risers. The steering stem is the stock length. The forks are Honda RC51 SP-2 forks, with Race Tech progressive rate springs and fresh oil. Please note, that the OEM ignition switch is in place and working, however, the steering lock does NOT engage. There are steering stops in place (R&L) so there is not handle bar contact with the tank. Full OEM lock to lock steering is in place. The geometry of the bike is 100% stock. Stock swing arm that has been powder coated.

Both front and rear wheels are factory Honda six spoke 17 inch Enkei. That has been matte black powder coated to match the bike. The front wheel is from a Honda RC51 SP-2 and uses that OEM axle & spacers. The rear wheel is from a Honda CBR900RR and uses the factory 919 axle, spacers and cush drive. Sprockets and drive chain are OEM count and size.

There is a Penske rear shock with remote reservoir, which was a special ordered for a rider weight class of 175-195 pounds.

Brakes:
The front brake rotors are factory OEM Honda RC-51 320mm, with custom aluminum CNC'd adapters for the 2010 Honda CBR1000RR (OEM Tokico) mono block radial mounted calipers. Up top is the matching 2010 Honda CBR1000RR radial mounted master cylinder. There are Galfer independent braided brakes lines down to each caliper, for crazy strong braking!

The back brake caliper and rotor are stock (OEM) 919 other then the braided brake line.

Lighting/electrical:
The front bikini faring from Barracuda (Italy) houses two H4 LED lights Hi & Low, that are powered by a custom Eastern Beaver wiring harness made just for this application. The front LED turn signals are aluminum from Germany, not cheap Chinese stuff with the proper USDOT flash rate. Battery Tender wired in and included.

The rear turn signals are interrogated with the tail/brake light from Custom LED here in the USA. It too works flawlessly with the proper USDOT flash rate.

Exhaust:
The header and Y pipe are stock, but as you can see there is a set of Yoshimura carbon fiber tri-oval slip-ons that look and sound great.

Engine:
The engine is 100% stock other then all of the smog parts being removed and blocked off with proper fitting. There is a Power Commander III/USB on board with a Sato slip-on map that runs spot on. It really smoothed out the throttle response and made for a nice smooth power curve and increase. The bikes runs great, turns over every time and is 100% Honda reliable.

Body work:
Barracuda matte black bikini fairing, the front fender is a custom matte black carbon fiber fender for the RC51 front end. The rear tail cowling has the grab handle holes filled and color matched for clean lines. There is a Sergeant seat that allows for endless riding in comfort. There are matching ASV levers up front and lane split-er folding bar end mirrors on board. There is a custom "Hornet" laser cut aluminum radiator grill that has been powder coated matte black to match the bike. There is a pair of Sato racing frame sliders that are installed on the frame, not the motor so in the event of a crash they will save the bike and not snap off a motor mount tab.

As you can see almost all of the OEM parts that were unfinished or clear coasted aluminum have been powder coasted matte black for a true uniform look. The powder coating was done by Andrews Powder Coating in Chatsworth, CA using a color called "Solar Black".

I think I have covered almost everything, but I am sure I am missing something, so please feel free to ask me questions. The bike is located in Thousand Oaks, CA. There is current registration and the bike is 100% ready to ride. It is turnkey ready!

I am asking $3,800. Please no low ball offers!

Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2908.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	31505   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2909.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	31513   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2910.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	31521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2911.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	31529   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2912.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	31537  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode