Using rear brake while wheelie-ing-ing - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Using rear brake while wheelie-ing-ing

I know everyone likes to point out to cover the rear brake while performing a wheelie, or starting out. I know experts use the rear brake to control the wheelie while at the balance point.

My quesition: has anyone actually caught the bike a split second before looping the bike by using the rear brake? Were you able to do this while just starting out, or were you more experienced before you have the instinct to hit the rear brake?

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 11:08 AM
jab

In the beginning your normal reaction if you start to go over is prob to put your feet down, which is the wrong decision. That is why you should practice by always covering the rear brake, to form muscle memory so that when shtf you will respond correctly from instinct(hopefully). It seems awkward at first, but just keep practicing. I recomend setting all your wheelies down by applying rear brake instead of chopping throttle(if your in control, just to form the memory. So yes start doing it right away and always apply some beak at the end of any wheelie, even if itss a 6 inch pop up for two feet, just to get your body/mind trained to respond correctly in a loop situation!! good luck
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 05:28 PM

Thumbs up wow its very interesting

Wow thats seems really interesting. Thanks for sharing ...
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the comment jab. I can power up in 1st, or clutch a wheelie in 1, 2, or 3, but balance point still is elusive. I usually get it in the air to as high as what feels safe then ride it out. I will take your advice.

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode